RĀJA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
(RYTT – 200 hour)
Ten Months, September through June (Begins Sept 4th, 2018)
- A completed application form, a brief personal essay indicating your yoga background and motivation to join this teacher training are required along with a personal interview with the Lead Trainer.
- At the interview, applicant and the trainer together will assess whether this course is appropriate, whether successful completion is possible and whether the time is right for enrollment.
- You will be given a complete list of textbooks once you commit to the training.
- This program is rigorous; a serious commitment to attendance and performance is essential as per requirements below.
- Attend two 4-hour theory and philosophy sessions each month on 1st and 2nd Saturdays, 9 am to 1 pm. (80 hours)
- Attend weekly Teacher Training Asana Class, Tuesdays, 6 to 8 pm; (will include how to: give philosophy introduction for 6 to 8 minutes, deliver pranayama and meditation instructions, dissect asanas within categories, and anatomy reviews. (80 hours)
- Attend weekly asana class (alternate between beginner and intermediate) (4 per month – 60 hours) You may attend additional asana classes if your schedule permits.
- Attend one class per month at a neighborhood studio or gym, follow a DVD or YouTube video: Fill out a form to record and review multiple teaching perspectives.
- Attend two 8-hour Intensives 3rd Saturday of Month 5 (Art of Teaching) and Month 9 (Deepening Personal Practice) from 9 am to 5 pm. (16 hours)
- Schedule daily home study for assigned readings.
- Submit essays and yoga pose/sequencing document promptly at the end of each month.
- Complete four to six-page length applied philosophy essay based on personal understanding of assigned readings and applying the knowledge to daily activities.
- Additional essay prompts related to each monthly topic will be provided in the first class.
- Email the essay end of each month: firstname.lastname@example.org
GUIDELINES FOR YOGA POSE AND SEQUENCING
Months one to six
Develop your perspective of different poses in order to instruct, recognize variations, and appreciate your own experience in each pose
- Choose two poses from the pose category during weekly teacher training class.
- Practice the two poses for that month as part of your personal practice.
- Write a page separately on each of the two-yoga poses. Include how-to directions, benefits, cautions, modifications, props, and personal experience.
- Additional information regarding monthly pose categories will be provided in the first class.
Months seven to ten
Develop teaching skills starting with short segments and progress towards teaching a whole class using peer review and teacher feedback
Use the beginning, middle, and end writing framework to provide a one-page description for teaching the following classes:
- Beginners (Month 7)
- Intermediate (Month 8)
- Vinyasa: Standing and Seated (Month 9)
- Sun Salutation with Vinyasa (Month 10)
NOTE: Children’s, Seniors, Pre and Post-Natal and other health conditions are considered special populations and require additional comprehensive certifications. This course only touches upon the basics among these populations.
- Practice teaching after five months by leading short segments like warm ups, standing sequences, etc., during weekly TT Asana class, Art of Teaching Intensive (Month 5) and during other ongoing classes in the studio
- Teach complete classes during the ninth and tenth month
Course Completion Certificate: Upon completion of all requirements including Teaching Practicum. This enables you to teach Yoga.
You will be certified by Yoga Śikśa, which is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) under Yoga Alliance. Yoga Alliance is a company that regulates yoga training programs, evaluates continuing education requirements and maintains yearly membership for all yoga teachers. Once you complete your teacher training, you must register with Yoga Alliance to become a Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT 200.
You may also review the RYTT curriculum outline on this website under the school name Yoga Shiksha.
- $100 Non-Refundable Registration Fee
- $3000 Due in Full on the First Class
- 55% refund at 4 weeks
Mythri Srinivasan Menon E-RYT 200, RYT 500, YACEP
Mythri Srinivasan Menon is a 500 Level Yoga Instructor, practicing for 19 years.
Additional Teacher Trainings:
- Meditation Teacher Training, Children’s and Prenatal/ Postnatal yoga training at YogaLife Institute in Wayne, PA
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training at Kripalu Yoga in Lennox, MA
- Stress Management Teacher Training at Integral Yoga Ashram in Yogaville, VA (July 2018)
Mythri conducts seminars and workshops on Yoga philosophy, Yoga Sutra and Asana and Pranayama. Mythri also leads themed weekend yoga intensive trainings and yoga retreats.
Please email email@example.com to schedule an interview to register for Raja Yoga Teacher Training. Teacher Training and Yoga-Āsana classes begin September 4th, 2018.
Check here for current yoga-asana/pose class schedule.