RĀJA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
(RYTT – 200 hour)
Ten Months, September through June
- Application form: please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form.
- Personal essay: indicating your yoga background and motivation to join this teacher training are required along with a personal interview with the Lead Trainer.
- Interview: applicant and the trainer together will discuss attendance, essay guidelines and other requirements, assess whether this course is appropriate for you, whether successful completion is possible and whether the time is right for enrollment.
- Textbooks: you will be given a complete list of textbooks once you commit to the training. Textbooks are not included in the course fee.
- Curriculum: you may review the RYTT curriculum outline on this website under the school name Yoga Śikśa.
- Essays: monthly essay and pose paper submissions – writing prompts and instructions on how to complete the essays will be provided.
- Exam: you will be assessed on what you have learnt through this 10 month training.
- Practice teaching after five months by leading short segments like warm ups, standing sequences, etc., during weekly RYTT Āsana class and during other ongoing classes at the studio.
- Teach complete classes from months 8-10 with supervision and peer review.
- You will be assessed by Lead Trainer in your final teaching segment (full class). You will be provided about the areas of assessment beforehand.
Course Completion Certificate: Upon completion of all requirements including Teaching Practicum. This enables you to teach Yoga.
You will be certified by Yoga Śikśa, which is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) under Yoga Alliance. Yoga Alliance is a company that regulates yoga training programs, evaluates continuing education requirements and maintains yearly membership for all yoga teachers. Once you complete your teacher training, you must register with Yoga Alliance to become a Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT 200.
- $100 Non-Refundable Registration Fee
- $3000 Due in Full one week before start date
- $2700 Discounted price if you register and pay in full by July 30th.
- 55% refund at 4 weeks
Mythri Srinivasan Menon, E- RYT 500, YACEP
Mythri Srinivasan Menon is a certified yoga instructor, practicing for 19 years.
Additional Teacher Training Certificates:
- Meditation Teacher Training, Children’s and Prenatal/ Postnatal yoga training at YogaLife Institute in Wayne, PA
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training at Kripalu Yoga in Lennox, MA
- Stress Management Teacher Training at Integral Yoga Ashram in Yogaville, VA (July 2018)
Mythri conducts seminars and workshops on Yoga philosophy, Yoga Sutra and Asana and Pranayama. Mythri also leads themed weekend yoga intensive trainings and yoga retreats.
Please email email@example.com to request an application form and to schedule an interview to register for Raja Yoga Teacher Training.
Check here for current yoga-asana/pose class schedule.